Microbial inhibitors are produced by the actinomycetes bacteria. After protease inhibitors were discovered, it was found that microbial culture filtrates contained several enzyme inhibitors. In synthetic inhibitors, the compound is purified to contain one predominant analog, whereas the microbial versions may contain several compounds, including some metabolites.1,2 For instance, microbial leupeptin generally has 3 tautomeric isomers, while the synthetic product contains a single, purified isomer.
The new synthetic inhibitors are also ON SALE for 10% off until midnight, March 31, 2018!
For many other enzyme inhibitors, see our please see our brochure.
Inhibitor for Trypsin, u-PA, Papain, and Cathepsin A/B
- IAP-3996-PI (Synthetic) NEW! (25 mg, 100 mg)
- IAP-4062 (Microbial) (25 mg, 100 mg)
- IAP-4062-v (Microbial) (0.5 mg vial)
Inhibitor for Trypsin, Plasmin, Papain, and Cathepsin
- ILP-3997-PI (Synthetic) NEW! (25 mg, 100 mg, 1 g)
- ILP-4041 (Microbial) (25 mg, 100 mg, 1 g)
- ILP-4041-v (Microbial) (0.5 mg vial)
Inhibitor for Pepsin, Cathepsin D/E and Renin
- IPA-3998-PI (Synthetic) NEW! (25 mg, 100 mg)
- IPA-4397 (Microbial) (25 mg, 100 mg)
- IPA-4397-v (Microbial) (0.5 mg vial)
Inhibitor of aminopeptidases, leucine aminopeptidase 3 (LAP3), and a potent, irreversible inhibitor of leukotriene A4 (LTA4) hydrolase
- IBS-4093-PI (Synthetic) (25 mg, 100 mg)
- UBX-3876-PI (Synthetic) (HCl salt form) (1mg, 5mg, 25 mg, 100 mg)
Peptides International carries a large selection of microbial products and additional synthetic inhibitors can be found here. Should you require larger quantities, bulk quantities are also available by quote.
- H. Umezawa, Antibiotics, 29(1), 97 (1976).
- H. Unezawa, Ann. Rev. Microbiol, 36, 75 (1982).
The entire archive of Peptides International Product Spotlights are available here. The topics range from some of the most popular items we have available to those lesser known ones that still have compelling research applications. They often are chosen due to recently published articles that feature them. They are permanently posted here, so read at your leisure!