Peptide YY (Dog, Mouse, Porcine, Rat, 3-36)
- Acetate salt
- Product Code: PYY-3726-PI
- Synonyms/Product Alternate Names: H-Ala-Lys-Pro-Glu-Ala-Pro-Gly-Glu-Asp-Ala-Ser-Pro-Glu-Glu-Leu-Ser-Arg-Tyr-Tyr-Ala-Ser-Leu-Arg-His-Tyr-Leu-Asn-Leu-Val-Thr-Arg-Gln-Arg-Tyr-NH2
PYY (3-36), a Y2 receptor agonist, is released from the body's gastrointestinal tract in proportion to caloric intake. It has been shown that peripheral injection of PYY (3-36) in rats inhibited food intake and reduced weight gain. In addition, infusion of PYY (3-36) in humans significantly decreased appetite and reduced food intake by 33% over 24h, which suggests that PYY (3-36) has a role in 'longer term' regulation of food intake. Thus, the PYY (3-36) may represent a lead compound for the development of drugs for the treatment of obesity.
- Storage Conditions: -20C
- Molecular Weight: 3980.45
- Molecular Formula: C176H272N52O54
- CAS Number: [126339-09-1]
- One-Letter Code:H-AKPEAPGEDASPEELSRYYASLRHYLNLVTRQRY-NH2
R.L.Batterham et al., N. Engl. J. Med., 349, 941 (2003).
I.G.Halatchev and R.D.Cone, Cell Metab., 1, 159 (2005)
PK Chelikani, et al, Am. J Phyiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol,, 293, R39, (2007).
G.H.Ballantyne, Obes. Surg., 16, 651 (2006).
C.Acuna-Goycolea and A.N.van den Pol, J. Neurosci., 25, 10510 (2005).
Y.Shechter et al., FEBS Lett., 579, 2439 (2005).
R.L.Batterham et al., Nature, 418, 650 (2002).
D.Grandt et al., Regul. Peptides, 40, 161 (1992).