Complement Factor D Human Recombinant
- Product Code: PRO-1360
- Synonyms/Product Alternate Names: Adipsin Human; Complement Factor D; EC 220.127.116.11; Adipsin; C3 convertase Activator; Properdin Factor D; CFD; DF; PFD; ADN
Complement Factor D (Adipsin), which belongs to the trypsin family of peptidases, is involved in the alternative complement pathway of the complement system where it cleaves factor B. In the alternative complement pathway, Adipsin is best known for its role in humoral suppression of infectious agents. In addition, Adipsin is a serine protease which is secreted by adipocytes into the bloodstream. Ultimately, Adipsin has a high level of expression in fat, proposing a role for adipose tissue in immune system biology.
Adipsin Human Recombinant produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 249 amino acids (26-253 a.a) and having a molecular mass of 26.6kDa.
Adipsin is fused to a 21 amino acid His-tag at N-terminus.
- Origin: Escherichia coli.
- Storage Conditions: -20 °C
- Purity: > 85.0% as determined by SDS-PAGE
- One-Letter Code:MGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MILGGREAEA HARPYMASVQ LNGAHLCGGV LVAEQWVLSA AHCLEDAADG KVQVLLGAHS LSQPEPSKRL YDVLRAVPHP DSQPDTIDHD LLLLQLSEKA TLGPAVRPLP WQRVDRDVAP GTLCDVAGWG IVNHAGRRPD SLQHVLLPVL DRATCNRRTH HDGAITERLM CAESNRRDSC KGDSGGPLVC GGVLEGVVTS GSRVCGNRKK PGIYTRVASY AAWIDSVLA
Delivery Details: All quantities are subject to availability. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.