- Product Code: CYT-779
- Synonyms/Product Alternate Names: Prolactin-Induced Protein Human, Gross cystic disease fluid protein 15, GCDFP-15, Prolactin-induced protein, Secretory actin-binding protein, SABP, gp17, PIP, GCDFP15, GPIP4.
Prolactin inducible protein (PIP) is a 17kDa glycoprotein existing in human seminal plasma. PIP is synthesized as a 146 amino acid long polypeptide exhibiting high sequence similarity with mouse submaxillary gland with a single glycosylation site. The precise biological functions of PIP are still ambiguous but various functions have been assigned to PIP due its existence at high concentration in biological fluids. PIP binds to various proteins such as fibrinogen, actin, keratin, myosin and tropomyosin. PIP is also expressed in pathological conditions of the mammary gland and in some exocrine tissues, such as the lacrimal, salivary and sweat glands. Due to PIP’s association with secretory cell differentiation, it has been used in diagnostic evaluation of tumors of breast, salivary gland, and skin.
The Prolactin-Induced Protein produced from Human Seminal Plasma has a molecular mass of 13.52kDa (calculated without glycosylation) containing 118 amino acid residues.
Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. PIP protein filtered (0.4µm) and lyophilized in 0.5mg/ml in 0.05M phosphate buffer and 0.075M NaCl pH 8.0.
Human virus test: Samples from each donor have been tested and found negative for HBsAg, HIV1+2, HCV, syphilis, aHBc, RRR.
- Origin: Human Seminal Plasma.
- Storage Conditions: -20 °C
- Purity: Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- One-Letter Code:QDNTRKIIIK NFDIPKSVRP NDEVTAVLAV QTELKECMVV KTYLISSIPL QGAFNYKYTA CLCDDNPKTF YWDFYTNRTV QIAAVVDVIR ELGICPDDAA VIPIKNNRFY TIEILKVE
Delivery Details: All quantities are subject to availability. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.