VEGF Human (121 a.a.), His
- Product Code: CYT-619
- Synonyms/Product Alternate Names: Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-121 Human Recombinant, His TagVascular endothelial growth factor A, VEGF-A, Vascular permeability factor, VPF, VEGF, MGC70609.
Vascular endothelial growth factor is an important signaling protein involved in both vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. As its name implies, VEGF activity has been mostly studied on cells of the vascular endothelium, although it does have effects on a number of other cell types (e.g. stimulation monocyte/macrophage migration, neurons, cancer cells, kidney epithelial cells ).VEGF mediates increased vascular permeability, induces angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth, promotes cell migration, and inhibits apoptosis. In vitro, VEGF has been shown to stimulate endothelial cell mitogenesis and cell migration. VEGF is also a vasodilator and increases microvascular permeability and was originally referred to as vascular permeability factor.
Elevated levels of this protein is linked to POEMS syndrome, also known as Crow-Fukase syndrome. Mutations in this gene have been associated with proliferative and nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy.
Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-121 Human Recombinant produced in E.Coli is a double, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain (aa 207-327) containing a total of 142 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 16.3 kDa.
The VEGF-121 is fused to a 20 amino acid His tag at N-terminus and purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
VEGF-121 His Tag in 20mM Tris pH-8 and 10% glycerol.
- Origin: Escherichia Coli.
- Storage Conditions: -20 °C
- Purity: Greater than 90.0% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- One-Letter Code:MGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MAPMAEGGGQ NHHEVVKFMD VYQRSYCHPI ETLVDIFQEY PDEIEYIFKP SCVPLMRCGG CCNDEGLECV PTEESNITMQ IMRIKPHQGQ HIGEMSFLQH NKCECRPKKD RARQEKCDKP RR
Delivery Details: All quantities are subject to availability. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.